No More Empty Fortune Cookies!

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Today's blog is brought to you ...

by the number


2

(Not that one, Macey! The actual number, depicted here )

Now, about my series of events relating to the wonderful number 2...
Yesterday I had 2 phone interviews with 2 different people from a place that I submitted my resume to about 2 months ago. Just a month or so before I was fired, when I was simply considering other options.
They called me back and asked me to come in Friday at 2 pm, and the directions are to take the 2nd exit...now if only the office was on the 2nd floor it would be perfect! But alas, it's on the 3rd. Oh well.
I love it. As the Great Job Hunt of 2008 has painfully continued longer than any job hunt that I have ever embarked upon, I have found ways such as this to amuse myself.
Yes, I really do need a job.
Today I am painting so I will keep this very brief. I have not painted much since I've been out of work, and I really feel like that is such a tragedy. I was in the middle of painting a portrait of Max when he got diagnosed with cancer and then quickly passed away. It has sat unfinished on my easel waiting patiently ever since. I have not had it in me to work on it. Today I think I will.

5 cookies cracked:

Jay said...

Best of luck on the interview!

Fortune Cookies said...

Thanks!

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

I sure hope you find a job--GOOD LUCK on the the interview!

Fortune Cookies said...

Mary and Jay
Thanks! I really do appreciate that!

Real Live Lesbian said...

Good luck on the interviews! And enjoy the painting time!