No More Empty Fortune Cookies!

Friday, January 25, 2008

Simon Says


Walking along the railroad tracks,


Thinking of life,

expecting death...


I try desperately to acknowledge


What it is the mark that I have left.


Society plays the lead role,


In the questions that I face.


And daily I encounter


Yet another form of the human race.


Equally I look back at them,


With blank and vacant stares,


I turn to walk away from them,


But my questions are still there.


So I make up my own game,


And play my own lead role,


And let the rules of “Simon says “


Take upon them its toll.



Copyright ©1992 AngelaSchleicher


2 cookies cracked:

Anonymous said...

Cool poems, nice thought, down with Simon says!

Anonymous said...

Thanks! I really appreciate that! I wrote this one when I was still in high school...