No More Empty Fortune Cookies!

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Awaiting Dawn


Today I wrote a poem,
I cried as I wrote and when I finished
I remembered that yesterday
I painted a picture
Bursts of red, orange, and yellow
bringing the sunset out of the sky and right there onto my canvas.
And it too made me cry.
For, I've never seen a sunset boast the beauty of imagination to it's fullest capacity
Maybe one day I will.
But until then
I'll write poems that make me cry for that lost little girl
and paint pictures of beauty that I know nothing of...
And await for the inevitable day,
when the sunset in the sky
and the sunset in my mind
finally make peace on behalf of love.

Copyright ©1996 AngelaSchleicher

1 cookies cracked:

Anonymous said...

A lovely happy refreshing peaceful picture. Makes me smile.

It's real an din your heart, even if it's not around your body!