No More Empty Fortune Cookies!

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

WWC - Male & Female

Yes, kiddies, it's time again for the wonderful and challenging Weekly Words Challenge, brought to us by none other than Tink, from Pickled Beef. If you want to play, talk to the fairy. Don't forget to stop by the WWC Flickr group, too!

This week's words are Male & Female:



So back in June, when we went on vacation, we went to Wifester's brother's wedding. I thought I'd make the newlyweds a present to commemorate their special day, think they'll like it? It's still in progress...



Here's my old roommate, Menace, showing us that he's a boy, OK Menace, put that thing away, already!

What is it with boys showing their stuff?

you gotta love rainbow man!

I paint a lot of female mermaids


now, this one's tricky, because the one nursing is the female, while the one being nursed on is male!


just because someone's shirt says "trust me..." I'm just sayin'...

So that's all I've got for this week's WWC. Remember, if you want to join the fun, go see Tink!

18 cookies cracked:

Reb said...

Love the cats! That is too funny. Rainbow man is dashing and well, Yeah, I would question the "girl" wearing the "trust me" shirt too. I like your paintings and Menace looks like a big baby ;)

gary rith said...

OH I LOVE YOUR PAINTING!
Anda joke: why dogs lick their balls? Because they can.

Anonymous said...

You paint beautifully, FC!

Gary, why do guys like to tell that joke? Hmmm??

Real Live Lesbian said...

Hahaha....Trace was lying in the same position this morning when I turned the lights on. Is it a rottie thing?

Gorgeous paintings!!!!

Janet said...

Oh, I love your paintings! The wedding one looks like a dream. Well done!

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

LOL! These are a riot! How fun!!!!

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Yeah, that showing your stuff stuff applies to other animals as well . . aieee!

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Love the paintings! :-D

Karen said...

OMG! I love these! I would adore a personal painting as a wedding gift. How very thoughtful!
Apparently you have some equal opportunity kitties there, huh? How funny!
Great job all around this week!

Tink said...

Rainbow man is too cool, and I love your wedding tribute painting. You've got some talent chickie. Ever thought of selling some stuff on Etsy? I could make you an Etsy love pick! :)

Mandy said...

wow, personally I would be honored if someone gave me a painitng like that as a wedding gift:)

love all the other pics too ... even rainbow man!!! not so much the dog and his stuff.. although that is REALLY FUNNY!!!!!

Fortune Cookies said...

reb - it cracked me up when Max used to let Freeway nurse on him like that...yeah, Menace was a big baby.

gary - OH! THANKS! I suppose my moth balls joke deserved your dog balls joke in retaliation ;)

kcinnova - thank you!!

rll- I think it's just a boy thing. And thanks, I'm flattered, that means a lot coming from you, the master painter!

janet- thanks so much! :) You nailed the wedding one, I was going for the dreamy - think back to that moment in time, kind of feeling. I hope they like it too.

mary - you otta join the wwc sometime, you have such a vision! I agree, I've seen many a animal in that pose. Thanks so much, I truly cherish your opinion on art!

karen - thank you!! equal opportunity kitties, lol I suppose Max was an E.O.K.

Tink - Rainbow man is awesome! I wonder how long it takes him to get in makeup... if I ever get brave enough for etsy, I'll look for a love pic from you ;)

mandy - wow! thank you so much! I've been second guessing myself about it and pondering if I should trash it or send it to them, I think I'll go ahead and send it. I always get that way over my paintings. *blush*

Jay said...

I was going to do the exact same pose as Menace, but decided against it. ;-)

I love your painting too.

Great job on the WWC!

Fortune Cookies said...

awwww jay, you shoulda done it! ;) I may have been inspired to paint that LOL

Karen said...

Your wedding painting is amazing. I love it.

Anonymous said...

What is with the dog positions? I thought males always guarded themselves better than that! Guess those dogs really felt safe.
Love how the mermaid is swimming right toward you!

Jessica said...

Love your work! :D I'm glad you included it here!

Fortune Cookies said...

Karen - thanks a lot! when you get married, I'll make you one :)

pabees - I don't know what's up with those poochies, they must have been proud!
That mermaid's eyes seem to follow you no matter where you are in the room, that's my favorite feature about her, and it was unintentional.

jessica - why, thank you so much!