No More Empty Fortune Cookies!

Friday, September 19, 2008

Arrrrrrrrr! It be Talk Like a Pirate Day!




Ahoy there matey! Today be International as ye a pirate day. Shiver me timbers! Is it that time o' year already? T' elections be smartly approachin', and so be t' holidays. I've been a runnin' me self ragged, what with school, work, and gettin' ready for an event with me Green La Vergne Group. T' event be tomorrow, and I'll be aye t' get some photos and post em' here, just as smartly as I can.
But right now, I wanted t' tell you 'bout somethin' t' ole' buxom beauty said t' me last night as I fumed over some politics...

(O.K., out of pirate voice for this part )
she said to me " So um...this weekend if _K__ comes over, do you want me to tell her to bring _P___ with her so the two of you can talk about this shit? Cause she's sick of hearing about it, and he needs someone else to talk with about it, like you."
Ha! So I guess the Wifester is over my political rants, but I will not apologize for being passionate about how I feel and what I believe. We have that right. Just as she has a right to her apathy.
But I did tell her to tell _K___ that she could bring _P__ so that I'd have someone to talk the good stuff with. :)
(back to pirate speak now)
So tell me, mateys, what 'ave ye' planned for this fine Talk Like a Pirate Day?


Searchin' fer' some loot?

I thought you'd like that ye ole' dirty dogs!

11 cookies cracked:

gary rith said...

arggh me hearty, that's a fine lookin' saliorgirrrllll on that there treasure

Anndi said...

Shiver me timbers, me likes the wench!

Mandy said...

I think I need a "mandy to pirate" translator to be any good this!!!

Reb said...

Arrggh Cookie, you do a fine job, talking like a pirate for a modern day wench.

Real Live Lesbian said...

Ahoy, matey, I'm headed for "Wine on t' River" tomorrow!

Have a wonderful weekend talking politics!

Oh and happy talk like a pirate day!

fiwa said...

Arrg... I'm gonna throw down me some fish from me first love, the sea, matey. (I'm having sushi for dinner!)

Jay said...

Why are pirates so mean?

Cause the Arggh

Anonymous said...

Arrg, I've been a runnin' meself ragged, lassie. Meanin'? Aye, 'tis a terrrrrible thing t'say, but I had furrrrgotten all 'bout this day!
T'weekend plans be on me blog.

Urr Pirate wench might be furr yurr tastes. I preferrr a bit of Cap'n Jack Sparrow meself!

Fortune Cookies said...

gary- lol! me thoughts you'd be likin' tha' wench!

anndi she's a pretty lass, eh?

mandy LOL no worries! there's one
here


reb aye! me's done me readins ;)


rll Wine on t'rivr'?! Avast! Me wishes me didn't have me ole' timer's day to attend! guzzle some spirits fer' this wench! ;)


fiwa mmmm sushi! the nectar of the gods!


jay yo ho ho! that made me eye patch fly off!


kcinnova runnin' meself raggid = english translation: I've been running around like a chicken with it's head cut off! Too much to do, not enough time :)
Next year I'll remember a captn' sparrow fer' ya! he's a purty' fun fellow!

Stacey said...

Ha! I think hubby is sick of my talking about it too. But this is the first election (for me) where I have really felt like I was voting FOR someone and not AGAINST the lesser of two undesirable choices. Yay!

Malcolm said...

I didn't participate in "Talk Like A Pirate Day". However, after seeing that first photo you included, I may start my own "Ogle At Hot Looking Pirates Day".