No More Empty Fortune Cookies!

Monday, July 7, 2008

Promoting P.A. Bees and other hot topics...


So, first things first, Wifester's mom, who is a published author and poet ( P.A. Bees) and all around fabulous gal, has a newly budding blog, and I wanted to be the first to buzz it in your ear! So what are you doing still here? Buzz on over, and check out the Bee's Blog!! But come on back here when you're done ;)

Next. When will people learn to keep guns out of homes with children? A 12 year old girl was shot in the head, apparently by her 11 year old playmate, while playing with a gun that had been tucked between the mattresses of his parent's bed.
I can't even keep my brain wrapped around this topic, it's so sad and so upsetting. People say guns don't kill people, people kill people...Well, I'm pretty sure that had this particular gun not been in the house, this little girl would be home playing today, not laying in the hospital fighting for her life with a bullet hole in her forehead. I say it's people with guns that kill people. Rarely is it either independantly.

Next. I saw photos of myself that Wifester took this weekend, and lets just say I've decided to stop eating for oh about the next 6 months, yeah, that otta do it.
Really, though. I know I can't eliminate all food, but ok, I've done away with fast food, I've cut out colas and tea(except 1 Sprite M-F with lunch while I'm at work) and in lieu of bread, I use tortillias. I rarely have pasta, and usually use the George Foreman Grill, I mean, it is the lean, mean, grilling machine, right? We eat mainly lean, boneless, skinless, chicken breasts or tofu or salmon and steamed veggies. I've even stopped adding salt after it's cooked! No poundage lost. So what gives? What the ever loving hell gives? I'm glad Wifester loves me, fat and all. I sure hope I can find a treadmill soon that both fits my budget and my house's square-footage...

13 cookies cracked:

Karen said...

Exercise. That is what we need to do. At least I think. And for me - cutting out the alcohol. I don't know if that is an issue for you.

gary rith said...

from what I hear, household guns are most often fired by accident or in suicides, far more than they are ever used against would-be intruders....

Real Live Lesbian said...

I need to run to Smyrna and back every day! I agree with Karen...it's the exercise. Dammitalltohell.

Going to read that bee blog now.

Reb said...

Exercise, I know it sucks and I am no good at it either. The other things to look at are your portion sizes or are you not eating enough? If your body is in starvation mode it will hang on to every calorie you eat.

I look at diets and think, My god I can't eat all of that! Yet, I'm still fat as can be.

tt said...

'Ewes not fat ewes just fluffy'...lol...oops...you're not a ewe are you?! ha.
Well that's what I tell myself anyway. I'm glad my Lovee likes me fluffy too. We hooked them with our hearts I'm thinking. It age brother....age....either we get fluffy or we....stop. simple..right?

tt said...

well sh*t...I f**ked that up...ewe's is to a ewe..I knew that....I'm toast..(((hanging head....too comfused to think right....I'll go now..**sigh**

Tink said...

I'm totally with Karen on the alcohol. I started packing on the pounds with a quickness and couldn't figure out why. Yeah, it was the Bacardi Mojitos. Hoop, who was trying to keep up with me by drinking beer, now looks 8 months pregnant. We're thinking about getting a Wii.

Mandy said...

I cant imagine having a gun in a house with kids.

I do agree with the alcohol comments made - but it seems like your doing a lot already - one step at a time;)

Chatty said...

So, we've decided on Wifester, have we? Okey dokey.
I'm just going to agree with you about people with guns killing people, and leave that sad story right where you left it. I pray the little girl recovers.
As to what gives with the no weight loss - maybe it's Nature's way of making sure we MEAN what we say about wanting to lose weight. She's testing our fortitude and will-power and determination. *sigh* I only know that you have to stick with it, and try to exercise as much as you can. Even parking the car farther away in parking lots and taking stairs - any stairs - a few times a day can help. But it isn't easy. Don't let anyone lie to you and tell you it's easy! And remember that it took some time to put the weight ON, so it's going to take at least that much time OR MORE to take it OFF. However, it CAN be done, and you have Wifester and George Foreman in your corner. Keeping a food diary is a total drag, but it works, btw. Even keeping one for a couple of weeks will show you where the calories are going, and make you aware of what habits you have that you may need to break. Getting a handle on your portions and the calories therein may be the biggest wake-up call. It was for me.
You'll succeed. Hang in there!

Fortune Cookies said...

Karen - surely you just mean less wine, right? RIGHT? yeah, that's it...

gary- you hear right. the majority of household gun deaths are by accident.

rll - if you need to go to smyrna an d back daily, I need to go to Canada and back, twice a day!

reb - I know, I know, need more exercise. for you, on the flip side... I always like fat cats best

tt - lol lol lol !

tink - so Hoop's that pregnant man! ? ;)

mandy - I'd never have a gun in my house either, especially not with children.

Chatty - yup, Wifester it is, and yeah, I think I'm gonna start a daily food journal. From what I've read, that seems to help quite a lot.

Thanks everyone for all of your suggestions and input!

Anonymous said...

I clicked on "George Forman" as a post label. Will you be having future rants about George Foreman? I am intrigued.

gary rith said...

btw, didja see the Office episode where the boss burns his foot on his grill, in bed?????????
and yes, terrible about Tink's family

L said...

I don't understand how the parents could be dumb enough to put a gun in between the mattress. That's why a gun should be locked up in the first place.