No More Empty Fortune Cookies!

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

WWC - 3 & Fire

Once again, it's that time for the Weekly Words Challenge, brought to us by the multi-talented, Grand Theft Auto Champ - Tink, of Pickled Beef. If you want to play along, give her a holler.

This week's words are Fire and 3 and since we haven't invested in the very, very, very expensive camera that my wifey poo wants, and I was extremely sick for the entire weekend, and I had a ton of school work, I did a different twist on my WWC this week. You'll forgive me, won't yah if I photoshop some dvd's and some cd's that represent the words? I'll be back out there next week with my camera to get some photos, pinky promise!
Meanwhile, here's my interpretations of

Fire:




& 3:



12 cookies cracked:

Reb said...

That was very clever, I hope you feel better soon.

Karen said...

I've been sick too. I pulled old photos from my iphoto for this challenge.
I like your creative 3 and Fire collages from dvds and cds. Good idea!

Jay said...

I love the "fire" collage. They're both cool, but I like that one best.

Hope you get to feeling better.

Anonymous said...

I'd say collages count, esp. when you've been sick, and definitely because it shows great creativity! Hooray for you! (hope you feel better today)

Tink said...

That Third Eye Blind cover always freaked me out. I know it's just a blurry picture of some chick covering her face, but when I glance at it, I see an alien.

Alice said...

ooh, very clever! this makes we want to watch movies :-)

fyi, those petit price quotes on my wall are in french, but they're:

-you can only truly see with the heart; what is essential is invisible to the eye.
-all grownups were once children.

and this one sucks in english, when i just looked it up to translate, but:

-if you tame me, it will be as if the sun came to shine on my life.

do you know french? it's so much better: "mais, si tu m'apprivoises, ma vie sera comme ensoleillee." they're ALL better in french, honestly :-)

Janet said...

that'll work! Hope you feel better soon :-)

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

YEAH, cool! Super selection---FEEL BETTER!!!!

R.E.H. said...

Smart way to get in on the fun of the WWC.

Couple a good movies in that first shot too - St. Elmo's Fire and Firestarter... been a while since I saw either one of those, but they bring back sweet memories from days when a dude was young ;)

Real Live Lesbian said...

Very creative! I have to agree with Tink on that Third Eye Blind one.

Hope you're feeling better!

Fortune Cookies said...

Thanks everyone for the well wishes! I am much better now.
reb- clever is my middle name ;)
karen - I hope you are feeling better!
jay- i'm partial to the fire one too... before the fever set in I had tons of 3 bands, then I finished the fire collage and just couldn't put any more energy into the 3's lol - yeah, I suck
kcinnova- thanks, i think the creative flow was constipated a bit with the sickness and all...
tink- shhhhh! dont say the A word! my wife will never let me listen to them again! as it is, i can never watch Fire in the Sky if she is home...
alice- i watched a lot of movies while sick. I have a copy of le petit prince in english and in french! I had to so I could translate :) It's a wonderful story...ever seen the gene wilder screen version? of course the book is priceless.
janet- i suppose it'll have to, eh?
mary- already am, thanks!
reh- that's me- smart! oh, you didn't say smart ass... oh well ;)
wasn't firestarter a blast from the past? i got one of my first girl crushes watching drew barrymore in that movie when i was a just a young lesbo myself... ah memories
rll- ok, quit hating on third eye blind ;) and quit referencing the entity that tink mentioned, my wife will get nightmares! lol

Karen said...

I am sorry you are still sick! Get better soon!