No More Empty Fortune Cookies!

Thursday, August 27, 2009

"It's Different for a Man to Show Himself Than for a Woman"

Let me back up a bit.
We're getting a new adult entertainment club. I know, I know, just what our city needs: One more place with poles, mirrors, and greased up, mostly naked bodies shaking it for your dollars.
But wait. This one features men.
That's right. Now, women or men will finally have a regular place to go watch men degrade themselves for quick cash. The owner says that they do not want it to be a Chippendale's type place. Don't call it a Burlesque. They want an open, anyone who wants to watch men dance naked is welcome type of atmosphere.
And you know what? Big surprise, there's opposition to this establishment. Metro Councilman Michael Craddock said
"I'm sick to my stomach - I'm just absolutely sick. It's different for a man to show himself than a woman. It's another step in the wrong direction."

Oh, really, Mr. Craddock? So, it's OK for women to degrade themselves for your entertainment, but for a man to do it...well, that's just sickening huh?

I'm not planning on visiting this wonderfully delightful place. I mean, I just don't see that there's anything really there that would interest me, but I think it's about time that the tables shift a bit in the direction of balance. If it's good enough for the goose, surely it's good for the gander too.

1 cookies cracked:

Gary's third pottery blog said...

Obviously Craddock is an azzh*le, and also probably planning to wear a disguise and visit the place...to do 'research'