No More Empty Fortune Cookies!

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Cosmos is opposite of Chaos

I awoke Saturday morning in blissful solitude, nestled in the Tennessee wilderness with the Wifester's arm draped across my back and the Sunny-Dog's chin draped across my heel. The early morning sun & birdsong were this day's wake up call.
Our original plan was to be in Gatlinburg, but plans change, as they are sometimes want to, especially when the Wifester and I try to be spur-of-the-moment...No problem, we readjusted. And when plans changed again, we took the opportunity and found this beautiful place in The Cedars of Lebanon State Park at the last minute, who were also accommodating of the Sunny Dog. All things work out as they should.

I challenge you to find a more centering, grounding action, than removing yourself from the chaos that can sometimes envelop life around you, for a period of meditation and reflection. With solitude comes a serenity that allows for introspection and peaceful, honest personal inventory that I believe is essential for a healthy, well balanced life. Through this process, we become more comfortable with ourselves and the world around us. We become more comfortable in our own skins and where we exist in this world. The Wifester and I have really learned to embrace that and utilize it in our lives, both individually and together.
I like that about us. I wish it for more people.

I like the cosmos, the peace and serenity that naturally coincides with the processes of soul searching and honest self assessment. The road leading here from chaos may be long and uphill, but I will always testify that it is ever so worthy of the journey.

I spent the weekend hiking trails and painting with a new set of watercolors. Toasting marshmallows and snapping photos of giant insects in the act of making little giant insects. I won and lost some Scrabble. I won and lost some Rummy.
And I gained a stronger, more solid and beautiful connection to my soul mate.


The only question I have now is, when do we do it again??

2 cookies cracked:

Anna said...

Sounds like you should do it again as soon as possible - what a beautiful way to spend a weekend.

Anonymous said...

Camping is good for the soul... whether in a tent or an RV! I, personally , prefer the latter, but I can point you to some prime areas for soul searching... and primo hiking spots!!!

Call me, woman!!!

~ Cricket