No More Empty Fortune Cookies!

Thursday, March 20, 2008

From Pollyanna to Poly-offender

OK, it's time to set the record straight. It seems like everyone's assumption, from my last posting, was that it is relatively simple to get kicked out of catholic school.

Truth is, that happened in the 7th grade and I had been steadily trying since the 4th grade to get myself expelled. I began school there in 3rd grade and by the 4th I'd had enough. Sometimes, I really do learn quickly.
As innocuous as those 6 little words really were, and as trivial of a situation for that to have been expelled over, in all honesty, it was just the straw that broke the camel's back.
I was warned. I was told "One more time..." a couple of times. So by then, I knew that I was skating on thin ice, and therefore, I proceeded to sharpen my blades.

I was punished heavily at home for the expulsion, but it was soooooooooo worth it.
The following year I attended public schools and saw things like cocaine deals in the classroom, guns confiscated from cars, graffiti on walls. I was no longer the naive catholic school girl with Pollyanna vision, obscuring reality. I was a hardened Metro Public School kid.

1 cookies cracked:

Jay said...

Good job! A lot of kids that age just don't have the persistence to get something like that done. They'll just give up. I'm glad you didn't give up and finally got what you wanted. ;-)