No More Empty Fortune Cookies!

Friday, February 15, 2008

Awwwww!

Have I told you how wonderful my baby is? Well she is. She bought me tickets to see Ani Difranco at the Ryman! Anyone who knows me knows how much I love and idolize Ani. I love her politics, her lyrics, her art and her poetry. She is hands down my favorite modern day artist. Macey is not such a big Ani fan, being more of a hard rocker less of a folk rocker than I am, so I really appreciate her willingness to step outside of her musical comfort zone.
Poor baby, though, she's terribly sick. She stayed home from work today, only the third time I can recall in three years that she has missed work. Once was when we went to a funeral, once was when we were up all night at the 24 hr emergency vet with one of our babies, and now this. She is a tough girl and pretty resilient, but this flu has really taken a toll on her. I hope it's over soon so I can properly thank her. And, Ani.. I'll see you in March!

5 cookies cracked:

Jay said...

I've only see Ani a few times and I liked her alright I guess. ;-)

Fortune Cookies said...

oh, I absolutely adore Ani! When did you see her? She just gets better and better every time...I think she's like wine or cheese, better as she ages. I'm really psyched about seeing her at the Ryman, it has phenomenal acoustics in those walls; everyone sounds better in the Ryman!

Real Live Lesbian said...

I bought my girl tickets on the 7th row for Christmas...and now I'm bailing on her to go to Peru!

I've found her a date, but it's the one thing I regret about going. Missing seeing Ani with her!

Hope you all have a wonderful time and your girl gets to feeling better!

Fortune Cookies said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Fortune Cookies said...

oh, how bitter sweet that is... your trip will be wonderful, you'll have more opportunities to see Ani with your girl. This will be our second time going together and I am soooo excited!!So...Peru?! I wanna hide in your luggage and go to Machu Picchu! Pics, Pics, and more Pics please!
Oh, and if your girl is an Ani fan, she must be good people!:)Thanks for the well wishes for mine, she's starting to look somewhat human today.