No More Empty Fortune Cookies!

Monday, April 6, 2009

Mellow Yellow Monday

MellowYellowMondayBadge




I decided to hop back in the saddle, so to speak with this week's Mellow Yellow Monday since I had a fun filled weekend of touring around with the in-laws and visiting Mule Day. Yup, you heard me right, Mule Day. Its an annual festival they have in a town here to celebrate the mule. It's a bit over the top what with all the mule art, mule hats, mule ear headbands, and mule inspired clothing, jewelry, and housewares. But it was fun nonetheless. The craziest thing I saw though, was an extremely large number of these guys walking around picking up the trash. Now, don't get me wrong, I love the idea, but I just think with that many people in attendance, all the children and retail goods, it may be a wiser idea to postpone sending these guys out to pick up trash until AFTER the festivities...

More photos from the excitement of Mule Day will be posted soon!

4 cookies cracked:

Jay said...

I love different kinds of festivals. Maybe someday I will attend Mule Days.

I thought the basic idea behind prison was to keep bad guys away from the general population? haha

Anndi said...

Glad you had fun. That's quite the interesting concept for a festival LOL

Reb said...

Sounds like a lot of fun, but, um, yeah! They certainly could have scheduled the clean up for later.

Real Live Lesbian said...

Are they fo' real? lol

Because they're outfits look a little *too* authentic!