No More Empty Fortune Cookies!

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Home and Door


Yeppers! It's time again for the Weekly Words Challenge, and this week's words are Home and Door. I believe our favorite Cynical Bastard, Jay is hosting again this week, since Tink has been on hiatus. Of course, I may just be talking out of my ass, since I still seem to have a migraine leftover from yesterday...

Without further ado...

HOME

Sunny Dog, Wifester and Fortune Cookies at our HOME

Nashville will always be my HOMEtown

Stephen Hawking opened many doors for my mind and thoughts



Lots of DOORS to choose from in Printer's Alley



we went downtown to The Arcade, but no one was HOME




Some DOORs can only be entered by adults



When my irises are blooming, it makes my house look more like HOME



Old school way to phone HOME



That does it for my WWC this week...if you are interested in playing along, go see Tink, at Pickled Beef. And don't forget, there's also a Flickr group for the WWC too.

8 cookies cracked:

Jay said...

Lots of great pics this week!

You're home looks very neat and tidy and cozy.

Printer's Alley looks like fun! I'm going to have to visit Nashville and go there sometime just because it looks cool.

And I LOVE the "Free Hugs" sign just inside of Showgirls. That's great.

Reb said...

Oh, I like your home and the Irises look just lovely. Very cool shot of the arcade and the printers alley.

Lauren said...

I love your house--it is so cute. Also, I love your irises! It looks like spring with those pretty flowers.

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Great pics! And iris, too! :) They are my favorite flower, although I can no longer bring them into the house (something about allergies or overwhelming sweet scent...) I love your shots from around town. I've only been to Nashville once that I can recall, and we didn't get to experience any of the cool stuff there.
So you read Stephen Hawking? My dh and one of the older kids have read some of his stuff, but it makes my head spin. The man is brilliant!

Gramps said...

Looks like you have a very cozy home. Home is sweet--sort of like a fortune cookie.

Aunt Jackie said...

Fantastic!! I love the Printer's Alley one, and the arcade... neat slants on the word "doors". Oh I like the old school phone too... you rocked it!!

Tink said...

I love, love, LOVE that shot of Printer's Alley! It's totally framable/sellable. The photo in front of the house is nice too. You have such a lovely family.

Tawcan said...

Great pics. I like that shot of Stephen Hawking. He's one smart dude.

The painters alley would be fun to shoot at.