No More Empty Fortune Cookies!

Monday, June 25, 2012

Nooks and Crannies

I'm busy getting my scrub-a-dub-dub on today. Somehow, sometime after losing my job I turned into  a real house-cleaning freak. I mean, I'm not like totally OCD on it. I can stop and leave some things half-assed when I want to, but I really do enjoy the scrubbing and scouring of nooks and crannies. I guess it gives me purpose when I have these days of not a lot of work to do on web sites and not much to do in the yard. Plus, I totally LOVE the smell of a freshly cleaned house combined with the sounds of the dishwasher, washing machine, and dryer all running at the same time. It gives me a weird comfy-cozy feeling.
What is your happy space when you've got nothing else to do? What makes you feel happy and content and useful?

1 cookies cracked:

I'm With Stupid said...

My apt stays in pretty decent shape, but not crazy clean. The interior of my car is always clean and looking good though.

Since my apt is kind of small, I only turn on the dishwasher at bedtime. It actually makes the living room a bit warm and humid.

There's nothing better than a big pot of chili or stew cooking all afternoon in the winter though. That always smells like home to me.

Jay