No More Empty Fortune Cookies!

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Christmas Chaos

My head is spinning. It's that pre-Christmas, final exams, too many papers to write, baking holiday goodies and preparing-for-a-trip mania that just creates havoc and chaos in my life.
I don't like havoc and chaos.
I tried to leave them behind years ago, but sometimes they creep back into my life like a nasty mold creeps into the crevasses of an untidy bathroom.
Speaking of untidy bathrooms...there's another thing on my list that has yet to get checked off.
The arrival of our new puppy, Sally Sue, joyous and beautiful as it may be is also a very strenuous and anxiety inducing event that quite frankly, has been more stress than I anticipated.
The Wifester pointed out that as much as the Sunny Dog is her four-legged twinkie-twin, so is Sally-Sue a K9 version of me.
Case in point: Sunny Dog doesn't get too excited about much of anything. Except food. And naps. And she's really just content to be in the house, resting comfortably atop a pile of pillows, preferably on the bed.
Now, substitute "Sunny Dog" with "Wifester" and it all still holds true.
Likewise, Sally Sue is quite boisterous and easily excitable. She's a little loud, definitely an attention seeker, and curious about every little thing. She has to investigate every nook and cranny, sniffing, licking, pawing and biting at any and everything she can get her snout or paws on.
Just like me.
She really is my dog.
I fully believe it is precisely this similarity to my own self in her that drives me absolutely nuts.
Now don't get me wrong, I wouldn't trade her for anything in the world, except maybe a fully trained and no longer teething/chewing version of the very same puppy. Since that is simply impossible, I'll take her as is.
I will also take a Valium with her, please. Thank you.

Today I have an especially complex dilemma. I have 10 pages of a 12 page paper remaining as of yet, unwritten. I have an entire 8 page paper that has not a single word. And I have over 40 dozen Sunny Dog Snacks to bake in order to fill the open orders pending for my shop.
I don't know where to begin. I suppose the dog treats need to receive priority, since those are paying customers, but at the same time, I feel this sinking feeling that I am falling further and further behind every minute I don't devote to school.

Oh well, blogging about my woes and stresses isn't going to solve anything, nor is it going to get me any closer to completion of any one of these tasks on my list, other than "catch up on blog."
I guess I better fire up that oven and get to baking.
If anyone feels like swinging by and rolling out some dough with me, gimme a shout.

5 cookies cracked:

Anonymous said...

Dear Author www.nomoreemptyfortunecookies.com !
Very valuable idea

Lauren said...

I hope you made it through your finals, etc. Havoc and chaos are two things that I too dislike to have around. Good luck with wrapping all your to-dos wrapped up!

Jeanne Estridge said...

Guess I'll have to wait until you return from your trip to find out how things turned out.

Hope you're having a great holiday!

Jessica said...

I hope you and yours had a wonderful holiday! :)

Aunt Jackie said...

I know that feeling!! I have been out a few days and feel guilty not making it around to everybody.

Hope you guys have been enjoying and I wish for us all a wayyy better 2010!