No More Empty Fortune Cookies!

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Of Crock Pots and Baby Dreams

OK, you tell me who does that? Who borrows a crock pot, then returns it dirty, with crusted on chili left in it? WHO?? If you don't know about or have access to or the resources to buy those handy-dandy crock pot liners that are available at most any store that sells zip lock bags and aluminum foil, then at least have the decency to clean up the funk from your chili pot luck at work after your chili has had 8 hours to crust up on the inside of the pot.
I mean, really!

Alright, that's my bitch-n-moan session for the day. 

Happy thoughts. 

Last night I had a dream that I was painting my office to be a nursery. The wifester's mom was here, and she was setting up a crib for us. I was so super excited, and talking about when she gets here, how cute she is, how happy I am...
No, we're not pregnant. It was just a dream. I know why I dreamed it, it was a comment on facebook yesterday that triggered it. Someone I know posted about a new neighbor who offered her 8 week old baby girl to her. She said the new neighbor wasn't even joking. I said send that baby this way! I'll take her!
Can you imagine? What is going through a woman's mind that she would, even in jest, offer to give her 8 week old baby to a stranger? Not just to hold, but GIVE her to them. 
I'm serious. I'd take that baby and give her the best home. The best life. The most love. I'd do everything in my power to make sure that she was one extremely happy little girl who never doubted how very much she was loved.

So, which one of you is willing to give me a baby? 


3 cookies cracked:

I'm With Stupid said...

I can give you mine, but he's 18 now. Perhaps that isn't quite what you are looking for. Cheers Angie!!

Matt

I'm With Stupid said...

They brought the crock pot back dirty? Some people just have no social graces at all!

Jay

Jessica said...

Who returns anything dirty? That's just rude! And who would want to give their 8 week old baby away. :( Babies are wonderful! You would be a good mommy. :)