No More Empty Fortune Cookies!

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

WWC Bokeh and Heart

Last weekend Wifester and I helped work a booth at the National Lung Association's Asthma Walk. It was at Grassmere Zoo, here in Nashville, and if you are local, you know how wet, soggy, and rainy last Saturday was.
I postulated that since wet, dank, humid weather is the worst possible condition for asthmatics, the zoo would also host an epilepsy disco with tons of strobe lights, or maybe a bee sting alergy honey gathering expedition...

I am always amazed at Wifester at these type things. This is not our first time to work a booth at a something or other...Remember there was my Green La Vergne booth, at the Old Timer's Day that she helped me and Cricket to make a success...
I don't know if it's the politician in her Dad that comes through in her, or if it's the sales woman in her Mom that she channels, maybe it's a little bit of both. Whatever it is, she can work it. She brings people in and captures their attention while smiling and engaging them...Something I'm way to shy for most of the time. I admire that in Wifester. No, I envy that in Wifester.

I remembered to take my camera and was so hopeful that the sun would come out so I could wander around a bit to get some nice photos of the animals. It rained most of the morning, but eventually did dry up a bit. The sun never really came out though, but at least we weren't getting any wetter.

All in all it was a good day and fun was had by all.
I used it as a great opportunity to work on my WWC photos for this week.
Tink, from Pickled Beef, put a twist on on us this week and asked us to provide our photo interpretations of Bokeh and Heart. Bokeh is when the background is out of focus and the object in the foreground is clear.
Here's my attempt

Click on the slideshow to see larger photos

10 cookies cracked:

Gary's third pottery blog said...

I <3 meercats too!

Jay said...

Lots of great photos! I love the big cats.

Reb said...

Great photos, I love the big cats too.

YellowRose said...

The zoo is a great place to capture your heart!! Great photos!

Karen said...

I love meer-a-kats (as my little one calls them) too. And they are surprisingly hard to get a good photo of because they are fast little suckers!
All great photos this week. Even if that bokeh was hard to accomplish!

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

[giggling over the epilepsy disco]

You scored some great pics at the zoo! The blue on those birds is really vivid.

Thank you so much for your kind words. In the past week I have heard from several people who have had this sort of situation touch their lives. You are correct, it was incredibly selfish. She has now realized it is not her fault, which is a huge burden lifted. I'm grateful that I can be there to help her; I would feel so helpless if I was far away.

Aunt Jackie said...

Oh Meercats are so cute!!!

Of course I am a cat lover, and think this Zoo thing worked out great!

Fab!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm a zoo member if you'd like to go on another zoofari with a camera...LOL!

~ Cricket

Tink said...

I love these! Man, you're making me want to go to the zoo. The blue birds and the Amish(?) family shots are my favorite. So colorful!

g-man said...

Well done. The small aperture (large depth of field) of the point and shoot makes it hard to get good bokeh. Well done FC, despite the weather the zoo looked fun.