No More Empty Fortune Cookies!

Thursday, June 20, 2013

It's Taco Time!


I'm eating these as I type. No kidding.
My fingers are sticky with lime juice and I don't even give a shit. I've got wipes to clean up my keyboard when I'm done. That shit can wait. This delicious taco is nothing to walk away from, even for a minute.
Hold on, I'll be right back when every last drop is safely down my gullet.

Okay. Now that that's taken care of. First things first: I seriously need a new camera! Look at the fuzziness of these pics! I'm flipping legally blind and I can tell this is terrible quality. And it's really sad, too, because these pics really don't do this fantastic little taco the justice that it deserves.

Back to the topic (or should I say TACO?) at hand.
Here's how these little creations came to be-
The Wifester lamented on how much she loves tacos, then suggested we wait until the weekend, when we have an "It's OK to eat bad food" day. I balked at that, citing that tacos can be good food, we just have to rethink them. To prove my point, I came up with this idea of oven roasted sweet potatoes, carrots, mushrooms, onion, and diced zucchini all seasoned with ginger, cumin, garlic, and chipotle chili. I mixed that with a little bit of quinoa/brown rice/rolled oats mixture that was left over from the night before's quinoa burgers (that recipe coming soon) and topped them off with slices of assorted fresh sweet peppers, cilantro/lime guacamole, fresh cilantro and green onion. For the taco shells, I went with fresh corn tortillas, toasted on a hot skillet until puffy and brownish, but still pliable. I like them best. But you can feel free to use those hard, crispy, store packaged ones if you want. A quick spray of fresh lime juice over it all and
Poof! Instant, healthy, delicious tacos!
HOLY SHIT! I never knew healthy food could be so Mo-Fo good!


*I think next time I'll add some tomatillo to my guac sauce, but it was pretty super fantastic this way, too.

0 cookies cracked: